For any small business, being able to reach out to your community and generate local business is the single biggest tenant of your success or failure. Simply put: if you’re not attracting local customers, you won’t be a local business for long!
Marketing locally is much different from marketing nationally or indiscriminately. For one, your geographic focus is smaller, which means your pool of potential customers is more defined. This has pros and cons alike: you’re able to make more of an impression with more of an opportunity, however your chances for success are limited. In other words, marketing right the first time is imperative.
Take a look at 6 tips on how to market effectively to your local region and how AlphaGraphics can help better position you for local success:
1. Speak to people: National advertisers are so big that there’s no expectation for them to know your name. Local advertisers, however, are dealing with their own local communities—which means you better be addressing your neighbor by name! In cases of direct mail solicitations or targeted local advertising, AlphaGraphics can help you leverage variable data printing to ensure your local customers are being addressed by name.
2. Print local: Local business begets local customers in a wide range of different capacities. By partnering with your local AlphaGraphics for print products, you’re keeping your local economy thriving and showing your potential customers you’re invested in your community. Likewise, you’ll be forming a network of local businesses that support one another.
3. Local SEO: More than just print products, AlphaGraphics also offers digital marketing and design services. Building your website through AlphaGraphics also means getting local SEO expertise to help boost your profile within your service area. Through local SEO, you’ll get better online exposure when applicable customers search for you, driving business to your storefront organically.
4. Banners and large-print: Nothing stands out quite like a banner or window sign. Foot traffic is higher in local areas because the people who live there tend to walk where possible. Having large signage for these pedestrians helps to market your business to passersby. AlphaGraphics can also help you design large-format signage befitting to your unique needs, to attract local business.
5. Business cards: If you’re an engaged member of your community, networking is probably a big part of your life. And, the king of networking resources is the time-tested business card. Having a beautiful, informative business card that you can hand off to another local business member could mean the difference between your next sale or partnership. AlphaGraphics is here to help you create business cards that legitimize your business in the eyes of your networking community.
6. Quick-print, on-demand: Marketing opportunities can come from anywhere. Maybe you’re sponsoring the local softball team? Hosting a blood drive with the local Red Cross? Contributing to a local 5k fun run? No matter the opportunity, a local AlphaGraphics can provide a wide range of print products to ensure you’re fully capitalizing on that opportunity. From flyers to apparel, large-format signage to promotional items and beyond, we help your business get the word out locally.
Make sure you’re giving your local business the best shot at success by partnering with your local AlphaGraphics. We’ll help you get the print products you need, so you can continue doing what you do best: serving the local customers responsible for your success.